#KefiFood takes you #vegetarian today! A hearty Greek winter dish named Fasolakia Lathera. Haricots verts with potato, onion and grated tomato. Easy does it, this is a one pot/pan dish!
Kefi Origins ingredients
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - LIÁ | E.thos of Crete | Oleosophia
- Honey - E.thos of Crete | Bee Naturalles
- Aegean Isle Oregano
Groceries (±2 people)
- Green beans (haricots verts) ±300gr
- Potatoes 1-2
- Tomatoes 2-3
- Onion 1
- Parsley - bunch
- Feta cheese (or go #vegan and do not use Feta)
- Preparation: dice your onion, tip your green beans, grate your tomato, soak your parsley in cold water
- Heat olive oil at low-medium heat in your pot. Sauté your diced onion until soft.
- Add potatoes and heat for several minutes.
- Add the green beans, make sure all are covered in plenty of olive oil.
- Add parsley, salt/pepper, grated tomatoes and chosen sweetner (max 1 tspn)
- Boil some water, add to your pot - just enough to cover the beans halfway.
- Simmer with lid off for about 40min (no boiling, easy simmer)
- When water’s gone and you have your desired consistency you’re ready to serve!
- Plate with Feta, oregano, and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Would you like to know method quantities? This depends per person and ingredient size. We give some indications however, many variables can make a given quantity not the right one. We believe in a flow in the kitchen, try what you think looks right. When you think it’s not enough or too much, it probably is. It will make your cooking that much more exciting and a true journey! Comment with any questions if you have!
#KefiFood #healthyliving #mediterraneanfood #extravirginoliveoil #methodcooking #vegetables #recipe #healthy #nutrition #beans #greekfood #EVOO